Monday, December 13, 2010

Poor Woman’s Cupcake in a Jar

image
From the moment I read about these Peppermint Fudge Cupcakes at Our Best Bites, I was completely and totally in love.  I may have even licked my computer screen.  I knew that I had to make them, but for what?  Why?  Who?  A few weeks later I signed up to bring a baked good to a fundraiser bake sale that the women in my community where helping put on (aka The Relief Society).  I decided this would be a worthy event for these amazing cupcakes
But here’s the thing.  I loved the whole cupcake in a jar idea, but didn’t want to fork out the cash to buy jars . . Cheap, yes, but lets go with frugal.  So I came up with this idea instead. 
IMAG0111
Put the cupcake in a plastic cup!
After the cupcakes where done baking, cooled, and filled with fudgy peppermint ganache, I put an extra baking cup on, plopped into one of these plastic cups:
image
{Dixie 9 oz. clear plastic cup}
AFTER cupcakes where in the cups I frosted them.  I tried it the other way and it made a mess!  Sprinkle on some crushed up candy canes. 
IMAG0112IMAG0113
Dropped into a cellophane treat bag, closed with a twist tie and added some ribbon.  Ta-da I give to you the Poor Woman’s Cupcake in a Jar!
178_0595
(I feel like I have seen it before, but don’t know where, so I won’t take complete credit for this genius idea, but don’t who to give credit to!)
178_0594


They where a big hit at the bake sale.  They were also as tasty as I thought they would be and I even cheated and used a cake mix!
IMAG0115
I did however use the Our Best Bites, frosting recipe.  It was totally awesome.  For the complete recipe and instructions you can go {HERE}.  Be prepared, it’s gonna blow your mind!

 

I’m linking up to these holly jolly parties this week. 

Plus a few more:

Photobucket
HollyBloggyButton1 Photobucket

16 comments:

  1. you are a genius! i had this recipes printed out within seconds of seeing it but couldn't figure out how it was gonna come together without those jars! I gave ya a shout out today.. go check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are adorable! Love how portable and frugal they are! Thanks for sharing with the Pink Hippo Party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute and they look delicious! The cups look perfect! Thanks for sharing at the Holiday Hookup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks yummy! What a great way to keep the frosting in tact!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Precious, love it. SO CUTE, AND YUMMY! jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUM! I bookmarked this before I was even finished reading.

    I'd love it if you could stop by my blog and check out my 1st giveaway!

    http://theelephantstrunk42.blogspot.com/2010/12/v8-ambition-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice alternative! Thanks for linking up to Mad Skills Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so cute! Our school has a bake sale at Halloween and I'm sure I could do a version for that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought about using clear plastic cups instead of jars, too. Haven't gotten around to trying it yet. Yours came out so cute!! PERFECT for a bake sale - brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE it!! I will be making these, thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this idea !!! This would be great to bring cupcakes to my daughter's school. Less messy for the kids to eat. A definate for a bake sale to, just add a plastic fork to the ribbon and done.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just the smartest idea I have ever seen and as an old mom of an 18 year old who has participated in a lot of bake sales, I have never seen this done! This is a fabulous idea not just for bake sales, but for the cupcakes that I take to class parties (I have two younger children too)....Just fabulous....Had to become a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  13. P.S. Love this so much that I had to feature it on my blog today with a link to your post. Hope you are okay with that...

    ReplyDelete
  14. great idea! I am such a packaging junkie! Love finding new ideas!

    hugs! Kim @ Party Frosting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm totally reposting this, you know. (And the ruffled Christmas tree if that's okay). Too bad we had to leave so I couldn't have talked to you more about the t-shirt. SO.CUTE. And you're famous - total shout out on Be Different Act Normal. ::)

    ReplyDelete

{Thanks for taking time to stop by!}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...